Prior to starting PMI Advisors in 2016, Dan was the Founder and CEO of V-Rooms™ Virtual Data Rooms, a company that provided secure document exchange services for thousands of transactions in the M&A industry over its 10-year history. Before V-Rooms, he was the Founder and CEO of Project Management Services, Inc., which grew to a 150-person consulting firm that provided management professionals and systems to assist Fortune 100 companies with their post merger integration and other special projects.
For over 30 years, Dan has been able to assist in guiding the evolution of the acceptance of project management as a common sense approach to fulfilling the needs of business and is a specialist in the implementation of management control systems. He has applied the concepts of project management to numerous industries including corporate, M&A, utilities, commercial, retail, new product development, aviation, telecommunications, information technology and financial services.
Dan is an accomplished speaker and instructor and has authored numerous articles for various industry and trade publications, including this article Best Practice in Post-Acquisition Integration (Acquisition International magazine - April 2012)
His book, Herding Chickens: Innovative Techniques for Project Management, (Wiley & Sons), which draws upon many "in the trench" experiences, is a light-hearted and informative look at managing people and complex projects.
EDUCATION/ REGISTRATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Business Administration,Georgia State University, 1975
Bachelor of Civil Engineering,Georgia Institute of Technology, 1972
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), (Ret.) #04527, 06/17/95
Registered Professional Engineer, State of Georgia, (Ret.) #010691, 02/3/77
AFFILIATIONS - PAST and PRESENT
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Project Management Institute (PMI); (Past President, Georgia Chapter)
- Institute of Management Consultants (IMC)
- The Exit Planning Institute (EPI)
- International Development Research Council (IDRC)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- National Association of Investment Bankers (NIBA)
- International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- International Society of Strategic Management & Planning
REPRESENTATIVE PAST CLIENTS
Project Management Services, Inc.
Delta Air Lines ● IBM ● DuPont ● The Coca-Cola Company ● BellSouth ● MediaOne ● The Southern Company ● Motorola ● Ritz Carlton ● National Service Industries ● Digital Equipment Company ● AT&T ● General Electric
V-Rooms Virtual Data Rooms
Bloomin' Brands ● Lucas Energy ● Mercy Care Plus ● Royal Bank of Canada ● Gateway ● Mesa Air Group ● MiMedx ● Swantech ● Curtiss Wright ● Energy Dynamics ● EnterConnect ● Asplundh ● IdeaLab